Built by BR at Darlington Works in 1956, the loco was new in January to Hull Dairycoates with the early BR number 13232, becoming D3232 in 1959 and remaining
a North Eastern Region machine throughout, particularly based at all three Hull depots. Withdrawn by BR in March 1986 with over 30 years service under her belt, a
further career began with RFS Engineering at Doncaster where she was named 'Prudence' and numbered 002.
Prudence moved to the East Lancs Railway in August 1998 and has been a constant workhorse throughout. The loco ran in Green as D3232 for many
years before it was stopped for engine and general overhaul and outshopped in BR Blue complete with nameplates. 08164 remains in regular use around the
ELR having clocked up an impressive 64+ years since new!